Google a Name
California City Memorial Park
California City, California was established in 1965. The city’s 80,000 acres have historic roots, dating back to the 1800s Twenty Mule Team Borax Wagon route and the 1776 visit of Padre Francisco Garces, a missionary who camped at Castle Butte (now known as California City.)
California City Memorial Park opened its doors in February 1978. The first two interments were performed on April 24, 1978 to James A. Riley, the first official mayor of California City, and his grandson. The two burials were dis-interred from the Mojave Cemetery and re-interred into the new California City Memorial Park.
California City Memorial Park has ten acres for interments and is located at the northeast corner of the city upon a small hill with open views in every direction. It is part of the East Kern Cemetery District.
©Copyright 2006-2022 Antelope Valley Genealogical Society, Inc. All rights reserved